Young Global Changers
The Global Solutions Summit brings the next generation of problem solvers from around the globe to Berlin to contribute their views and ideas.
We know young people are dedicated to, passionate about and essential for shaping a better future. That is why in 2017 the Global Solutions Initiative launched the Young Global Changers (YGC) program to attract students and young professionals passionate about changing the world for the better. Each year we’re summoning their knowledge and skills to innovate and implement new solutions that can meet today’s challenges and the challenges of the future. YGC strives for diversity – in its first year it welcomed 100 participants from 100 different countries. In the future YGC will become a permanent worldwide network as part of the Global Solutions Initiative (GSI).
Young Global Changers 2019 - Summer School
As part of the Global Solutions Summit 2019, we invite outstanding young talents with first class results in their academic discipline and who are engaged in society - in social, political or environmental activities - to participate in the Global Solutions summit as well as our summer school from March 16-20, 2019 in Berlin.
We are offering full scholarships for qualified candidates to participate in the Young Global Changers program 2019. The scholarship will cover all conference fees, costs for the summer school, accommodation as well as travel expenses to and from Berlin.
Apply now and become part of the Young Global Changers community! Expand your network by meeting and debating with people from all over the world, take part in the Global Solutions Summit 2019 in Berlin, and participate in an intensive summer school - on a full scholarship.
Successful applicants will gain free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2019 and participate in a three-day summer school. They will engage in lectures, workshops and discussions with experienced people from academia, journalism, business, politics, and civil society. The participants will also be able to attend talks and discussions at the summit and will intensively engage with the content and the ideas that are being discussed. Under the guidance of experienced journalists they will communicate the outcomes and stories of the Global Solutions Summit to the world.
The Young Global Changers scholarship program is open for students and young professionals with first class results in their academic discipline who are engaged in society - in social, political or environmental activities. Writing skills and experience in journalism, media production and/or blogging are an asset. Excellent English skills are required.
YGC Summer School Program 2019
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Summer School on ‘Global Paradigm Change’ (Day 1)
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Summer School on ‘Global Paradigm Change’ (Day 2)
Monday, March 18, 2019
Global Solutions Summit (Day 1)
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Global Solutions Summit (Day 2)
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Wrap Up - Reporting on the Summit – Generating Output
- Student or young professional with excellent academic achievements
- Available to attend the summer school and the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin, March 16 - 20, 2019
- Special interest in one or several of the overarching topics of the Global Solutions Initiative
- Proof of volunteer work or extracurricular social projects
- Developing an idea or working on a specific project that you believe will make an impact
- Excellent command of the English language
- Writing skills and experience in journalism, media production and/or blogging are an asset
The YGC scholarship includes the following…
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin
- Accommodation for the time of the program
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2019
- Summer School workshops
- Lectures with global thought leaders from academia
- Sharing your work, thoughts, and ideas with Nobel Prize laureates and great minds from think tanks, business, politics and civil society
- Joining an exclusive network of like-minded Young Global Changers and building long-lasting relationships
Our jury will select the participants by beginning of February 2019. We will contact you shortly after that. Please note that we cannot give any information about the status of your application before the end of the application period.
How to apply
Please complete the application form (in English) upload your CV and briefly describe yourself. As part of the application please also choose a G20/T20 topic and explain within 500 characters why this topic is of interest to you.
The deadline for all application is January 20, 2019.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: