INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL ON PUBLIC POLICY - YAOUNDE EDITION
IPPA is proud to introduce its first "International Summer School on Public Policy - Yaounde 2019”. Co-organised by IPPA and the International Relations Institute of Cameroon (IRIC), the Summer School will be held in Yaounde and Kribi on April 22-26, 2019.
The main objective of the summer school is to provide advice and knowledge on Public Policy theories, concepts and methodologies to analyze public policy to PhD students and young scholars.
Lectures and Courses will happen in the morning and workshops in the afternoon. The participants have the choice to attend courses and workshops either in French or English. All lectures, courses, and workshops will be given by International scholars, such as:
- for the courses taught in English, Guy Peters and Anna Durnova
- for the courses taught in French, Philippe Zittoun and
Each PhD student and young scholar will have the opportunity to follow:
- Four 1 hour lectures (4x 1h) in English. Lectures will be delivered by a different International scholar to all participants, to obtain an overview of specific approaches, concepts and theories.
- Eight hours of course (4x 2h) in English or French by an international scholar on a specific issue. Participants will be split into groups of 10-15 students with a dedicated teacher throughout the week. Each student can choose the course he or she wants to attend.
- Twelve hours of workshop (4x 3h) in English or French with a small group of 10 to 15 students to discuss participant’s research projects or research article. Each project will be discussed for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
1) Create an IPPA account
2) Click to "I want to apply to this Summer School" button (at the top of the page)
3) Follow the procedures outlined above (the application folder should be maximum 3 to 5 pages in one PDF). Please indicate the document title as follows: Surname_Project Research Title
4) Indicate the course you want to attend by order of your preference. Indicate an order of preference from 1 to 4 in front of each course, taking into account the course’s working language. You can put 0 if you are really not interested in one course or twice "1" in two courses if they both interest you as first choice. We will try to do our best to offer you your first choice, or the second if the first is not available. Please note that each course will take place only if there are enough applicants for it.
Important info to apply and choose your course
- Each participant can choose one course among the four available ones.
- He or she will attend this course with the same teacher throughout the week. Two courses are only taught in English and the two others only in French.
- Therefore, when applying to the Summer School, pay attention to write your application in the working language of the course you want to attend, as the English speaking teachers don’t speak French.
The Fees for the Summer School are:
230€ for all IPPA members (individual and institutional members)
430€ for non-IPPA members
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: