The Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) invites researchers to pursue excellent, fundamental, curiosity-driven research during a year in Oslo.
Deadline - 14 January 2019
Each year, the Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) hosts three research groups working within and across the following fields:
CAS offers a unique research infrastructure, an extensive service platform, and an inspiring, collegial atmosphere. As a project leader, you and the researchers you invite will receive:
- extra sabbatical leave during the stay at CAS (for faculty members who hold permanent research positions at CAS' partner institutions in Norway)
- a roughly NOK 3.5 million grant
- pleasant and well-equipped office space
- IT and library services
- assistance with conference and workshop planning
- centrally located accommodations (for researchers not based in Oslo)
- help with finding kindergartens and/or schools (for researchers bringing family members)
- subsidised lunch
Project leaders can invite researchers from around the world at any stage of their careers to participate in the project -- whether for an entire year or for a few months.
How to apply
To apply, project leaders must submit a proposal (3-6 pages) containing:
- A brief project description detailing the project’s central issues, originality, and academic importance in relation to developments in the field (2-4 pages)
- Information about the project leader(s), including name(s), current workplace(s), relevant publications, involvement in the field concerned, and relevant leadership experience (1-2 pages)
Successful applicants will:
- Submit a proposal that clearly illustrates the project's potential as a contribution to excellent, fundamental research
- Explain why a year at CAS will be beneficial to the project
- Each project can have a maximum of two leaders
- Project leaders must be employed in permanent research positions at CAS' partner institutions
- Project leaders must inform their department or institute chair about the project proposal
- It is not necessary to submit a proposed budget at this stage of the process
The selection process
The CAS Board of Directors will in February 2019 determine which of the submitted proposals will proceed to the next round. At that point, applicants will be asked to draw up a full project outline, which will be reviewed by international experts. The full project outline must also include a list of Norwegian and international scholars interested in participating in the project.
It is essential that the group consists of researchers with international publications. Some of the researchers can be Ph.D. candidates and/or postdoctoral fellows.
Scientific merit is the only criterion used in CAS' evaluation process. The final selection of the three projects will be announced in September 2019. CAS will assist project leaders during the two-year planning phase leading up to the year at the Centre.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: