SCHOLARSHIP - Chevening Scholarship 2019/ 2020 / British Embassy Yerevan
SCHOLARSHIP TYPE: 1 year full scholarship
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (Armenia is an eligible country);
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of 2 years after your scholarship has ended;
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK;
- Have at least 2 years of work experience (volunteer work counts too);
- Apply to 3 different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong);
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty's Government (including British Embassies/ High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Department for International
Trade, the Ministry of Defense and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (note: immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years);
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship 5 years after completion of the first award.
DURATION: 1 year
LOCATION: United Kingdom
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: Chevening Scholarships in Armenia are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master's degree at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications for Chevening Scholarship 2019/2020 can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the 'apply' button on your country page. For more information and to apply visit: http://www.chevening.org/armenia.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of 8 months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.