Autumn School 2018 - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
THE IMPACT OF DIGITALIZATION AND AUTOMATIZATION ON LABOR MARKETS: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR EaP COUNTRIES
Dialogue and qualification program for young leaders of progressive parties or social democratic youth organizations, young members of Parliament, junior government officials or civic activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS -
The Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung invites young progressive leaders aged 25-35 to apply for the Autumn School on Digitalization and Automatization in the countries of the Eastern Partnership, which will take place from 16th till 21st of October 2018 in Odessa, Ukraine.
The School will emphasize the challenges and opportunities that labor markets are facing in Eastern Europe in the context of global labor market transformation. A special attention will be paid to the social dimension of digitalization and automatization.
Our carefully balanced 5-day-program includes lectures and discussions with experts, trade unions, university professors and activists from countries of the Eastern Partnership, Germany and Russia.
Furthermore, participants will get a first-hand information about the benefits and shortcomings of digitalization from a company in the manufacturing sector. The practical part of the School will include a simulation game on modern labor market policies in times of digitalization and automatization.
Goals of the program:
- The FES Autumn School 2018 is primarily aimed at 16 candidates who are committed to social democratic values, and who are interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and the other countries of the region as well as the European Union.
- The School aims at sensitizing the changes and threats for the labor market which are brought by the digitalization and automatization of the industries worldwide. It comes to inform the social activists of the states from the region and to empower them to prevent and/or tackle the identified threats of the processes on the labor market.
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
- Between 25 and 35 years old.
- Fluency in English.
- Young leaders from youth organizations, young members of Parliament, junior government officials or civic activists.
- With the willingness to actively take part in Alumni activities, to constantly support a growing sustainable progressive network of like-minded people and to involve in organization of political programs in the respective home countries.
- Participants of the previous FES events are also welcomed to apply.
- To apply, please fill in the application form by 25th September at 6 pm (Kyiv time). No applications afterwards will be accepted and evaluated.
- The results will be announced on 1st October. Shortlisted candidates might be invited for a skype interview.
- The organization team aims to ensure gender balance of participants in the program.
- The working language of the program is English.
- All costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.