Doctoral Scholarship, Analysis/Interactions with dynamical systems and/or differential geometry - 2018BAPFWETEX212
The Faculty of Science of the University of Antwerp (Belgium) is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences for a
Doctoral Scholarship in the broad area of Analysis and/or its interactions with dynamical systems and/or differential geometry
- You prepare a doctoral thesis within the above mentioned field. Your research topic lies within one of the current lines of research of the senior members of the Analysis group (S. Hohloch, D. Eelbode, T. Mestdag). A non-exhaustive list of topics includes for example symplectic geometry, (non)integrable Hamiltonian systems, Floer homology, analysis and applications of Dirac operators, symmetries of differential equations, geometric mechanics, Finsler geometry...
- You publish scientific articles related to your research project.
- You contribute to the teaching in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences by giving exercise sessions for 1 math course of max. 6 credit points per semester. (limited teaching load, ample time for research).
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or are about to obtain) a master degree in mathematics or theoretical physics.
- You do not already hold a PhD in Mathematics and/or physics.
- You have a very good and broad knowledge of analysis, dynamical systems and differential geometry.
- You speak English fluently.
- You are willing to learn Dutch if you do not yet speak it (language classes are provided).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years with the possibility of renewal for another two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date will be October 1st 2018;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.324,20 - € 2.469,08.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 22 July 2018
Applications should include
- a cover/motivation letter,
- a copy of your CV,
- PDF files of your bachelor and master thesis,
- contact data of your bachelor and master advisor,
- your bachelor and master certificates containing a detailed list of your grades.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.