The contest "The importance of multilingualism to personal and professional development" is organized for students of high schools and universities from around the world!
Preply, Inc. (hereinafter “Preply” or “Sponsor”) is the organizer of the essay “The importance of multilingualism to personal and professional development”. Our essay competition (hereinafter the “Contest”) is aimed to raise awareness about the online education among young people.
Who can participate in the Contest?
Our Contest "The importance of multilingualism to personal and professional development" is organized for students of high schools and universities from around the world!
Preply’s staff, officers, managers or trustees, members of the selection committee (hereinafter “Judges”), substantial contributors, certain US government officials or their immediate family members (parents, children, spouses, siblings) and members of the same household are not eligible to take part in the Competition and accept prizes.
Winners of prizes of the contest, as well as the winners of the prize from the jury of Preply are not eligible to participate in the following competitions organized by Preply.
The Essay competition begins on 15 05 2018 and ends on 29 06 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (hereinafter the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Essay competition. Due to the large number of contestants who are willing to write an essay on the topic “The importance of multilingualism to personal and professional development”, Preply, Inc. reserves the right to prolong the deadlines for the contestants. When such changes are made, Preply, Inc. will make a new copy of Official Rules on this page. You understand and agree that if you participate in the competition after the date on which the Official Rules have changed, Preply, Inc. will treat your participation as acceptance of the updated Official Rules.
How to Enter?
• All the participants have to submit their essays at scholarships.
• The essay must be written in English and contain not more than 500 words. The participant has to specify his/her name and the name of educational institution, where he/she studies in the essay.
• The content of the essay must be logically related to the following topics: “online education”, “multilingualism” and “professional development”.
• All written works will be available for open voting at Preply.com from 15 05 2018 to 29 06 2018 inclusive.
• Three participants, who will receive the highest number of votes on the website, will be declared as winners.
• Only one entry per person during the Promotion Period is permitted.
Selection of Winners
The selection of the winners will occur as follows:
• All Entries will be displayed on the Site during the competition period and available for voting to all visitors at one vote per Entry, per preson/Site user or IP address.
• To vote for the Entry Form can be made either by pressing the “Upvote” button, which will give 1 point to the chosen essay, or by pressing the “Vote&Share” button (the vote and the essay in the Enrty Form will be posted to Facebook social network on behalf of the voter), which will give 1,5 point to the chosen essay.
• Three participants receiving the highest number of votes on the website, will be declared as winners.
Notification of Winners
A list of the Winners will be posted on scholarships on 30 06 2018.
The winners of the first three prizes are obliged to provide us the copy of your Educational Document which verifies that you are officially a student. We would be grateful if you could send it to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION! In case the Competition is prolonged, the final date will be posted on the main web page scholarships.
The three qualified Finalists, depending on the amount of received votes, each will be eligible to receive college scholarships of $2,000, $1,000 and $500 respectively (hereinafter the “Awards”). Each Award will be transferred to a personal account via PayPal from Preply, Inc., and will be paid as a one-time payment, providing that the winner is obliged to inform about the win in the Competition in social networks and notify the organizer of the essay Competition “The Impact of IT- innovations on educational process” Preply, Inc. by sending an email at email@example.com If a potential winner cannot be notified via the contact information provided on the Entry form within twenty-one (21) days after the first attempt, or if the award or award notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, or if winner does not comply with the Official Rules, the Award will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an Award, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if an Award cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
You agree to participate in the Contest in a manner that is lawful, relevant and proper to the applicable forum. Conduct that is inappropriate and/or offensive includes without limitation the following:
- • Defame, abuse, harass, harm, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including without limitation rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- • Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, infringing, hateful, distasteful, obscene or unlawful topic, name, information, materials or content;
- • Use the Competition for any purpose that is in violation of local, state, national, or international law, including without limitation wage/hour and working condition laws and regulations;
- • Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the rights of any third party, including without limitation intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity;
- • Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software, malware or materials that may damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the operation of any device, computer system or network;
- • Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose within the Competition that are not appropriate or relevant hereto;
- • Post the same content repeatedly or spam - spamming is strictly prohibited.
• By entering the Competition, each Entrant acknowledges that Preply has the right at all times to disclose information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request.
• The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. Competition is addressed only to students of high schools and universities aged 16 – 35 years.
• By submitting an application, Applicant agrees that the submitted essay in conjunction with the Entry shall become property of Sponsor (including all rights embodied therein, including but not limited to the copyright) and that Sponsor and its designees may exploit, reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify the Essay in any way, in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission of Applicant or any third party.
• Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Awards. Forfeited awards will not be re-awarded to alternate winners.
• The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions. In the event that such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
• Your email will not be used for commercial purposes. We will only send you an email to notify you if you are a contest winner.
Any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage arising from or in any way related to the Competition shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect and before a single arbitrator chosen by Preply,Inc. Any such controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any controversy, claim, suit, injury or damage of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Delaware, and judgment of the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Preply,Inc. may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Delaware, necessary to protect its rights pending the completion of arbitration. Each party shall assume its own costs of arbitration.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.