University of Università di Cagliari invites young scholars to particioate in a conference
Significant societal challenges concern everybody and addressing and solving them is a community effort. The Regional Studies Association Europe's Socio-Spatial Dynamics Summer College will create a fertile environment to tackle these challenges, training students and young researchers to collaborate and work across disciplines.
The RSA Europe's Summer College has been established to focus on how ideas, theories, methods and data can be leveraged across disciplines for the purpose of scientific advancement. Applications are welcome from PhD candidates and post-docs who have been awarded a PhD in the past 5 years, from a variety of disciplines and institutional backgrounds.
While the quest for answers and solutions to important socio-economic challenges might be the driving force behind scientific and technical progress, the RSA Europe's Summer College will foster an environment where asking the right questions is equally important.
- To develop new networks beyond Economic Geography and Regional Science and/or Studies.
- To explore collaborations at the intersection of disciplines.
- To push the frontier of scientific inquiry in one field by incorporation of ideas and theories from others.
- To connect young talented researchers from various disciplinary backgrounds.
- To offer participants valuable networking opportunities with peers and also with course tutors.
- To offer participants training in methods and skills and the opportunity to discuss and develop their understanding of, and contribution to, theoretical advancement.
- To encourage and pursue the development of future leading researchers.
Particular focus on how data collected in one field might be structured and made accessible for use in other lines of research. All of this will be achieved through presentations and practical demonstrations on advanced methods and skills that are utilised in a specific field, followed by a discussion on their interdisciplinary application. The venue, CRENoS (Centre for North South Economic Research) is located at the University of Cagliari in the stunning Mediterranean metropolis of Cagliari, Sardinia, and provides an ideal setting for this event.
All documents and the video should be submitted by Monday, 25th June 2018. Selected applicants will be notified by 29th June 2018.
Complete the application form. This requires you to include three specific research questions that you would like to discuss whilst at the RSA Europe's Summer College and an extended abstract of your PhD thesis (3 pages max). Please note that this is a Google docs form and you will need to be logged into Google before applying. If you have any problems with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents must be uploaded:
- A 3-minute (max) video introducing yourself and outlining your current research project (PhD thesis or research project if post-doctoral fellow).
- One-page statement of interest connected to the theme of the RSA Europe's Summer College.
- Two page CV
If accepted to the RSA Europe's Summer College, you will subsequently be asked to produce an A1 sized research poster on your project which will be displayed during the conference.
The registration fee will be 150€ which covers accommodation, meals and social activities.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.