The World Youth Alliance Internship Program
The program provides opportunities for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance (WYA) to gain professional skills working on WYA’s projects and a substantive learning experience on WYA’s core ideas. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members.
Ideal candidates possess a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn.
What’s in it for you?
a) Introductory Training
Undergo WYA’s Certified Training Program (CTP) and learn about human rights philosophy and the dignity of the person.
b) Project Management
Work on projects suited to your interests and strengths under the supervision of WYA staff.
c) Network Building
Attend different events and meet new contacts as you represent WYA in various occasions.
We offer internships in all of our regional offices. Many of the interns accepted into the New York internship first complete a regional internship, are active WYA members in their country, and receive recommendations on their outstanding work.
Our regional offices include:
- Africa (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Asia Pacific (Manila, Philippines)
- Europe (Brussels, Belgium)
- Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Middle East (Beirut, Lebanon)
- North America (New York, USA)
You can make a difference.
Change the world by joining the World Youth Alliance (WYA). You’ll make sure that your voice is heard when we speak to young people, diplomats, and ambassadors around the world, the United Nations, European Union, and Organization of American States. Join now to stand up for human dignity and be counted in defending the most vulnerable.
The World Youth Alliance (WYA) Charter states the beliefs, values, mission and vision of WYA. By signing the charter, youth between the ages of 10 and 30 become members of WYA. Individuals above 30 years old become supporters of WYA.
As a member you can:
- Join over 1 million young people who stand up for the dignity of each human person
- Receive the WYA Monthly Newsletter, which updates you on news at the United Nations, advocacy work, events for you to participate in, contests, internship and career opportunities
- Have the opportunity to participate in our training program and qualify for special WYA conferences and internships
- Participate in local, regional and global conferences and events
What are the main ideas in the WYA charter?
- All human persons possess equal human dignity that is intrinsic and inviolable.
- The intrinsic dignity of the person is the foundation of every human right.
- The intrinsic dignity possessed by every human being from conception to natural death is the foundation of everyone’s right to life.
- The family is the foundational group unit of society, where individuals are equipped to fulfill their social obligations. The political community at the local, national and international level is obliged to protect and nurture the family.
- The authentic development of society occurs in a culture that fosters integral human development – characterized by physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional growth.\
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.