PhD Scholarships in nuclear safety and radiation protection.
The call for the VUB AVN Fund PhD scholarship aims to support a doctoral researcher, under the supervision of a promotor of one of the VUB faculties and for the duration of four years (with an evaluation after 2 years), to conduct a doctoral research within the area of nuclear safety and radiation protection.
The doctoral research will be in preparation of a doctoral thesis.
• Period: 4 years, with an evaluation after 2 years
• Grant amount: Personnel cost PhD Student + 10% working fee
• The call will open at 13 June 2018 - Deadline: 15 July 2018 at 16:00h - Announcement of results: 31 July 2018 - Start of PhD scholarship: 1 October 2018
Profile and conditions
• The promotor has at least a 10% ZAP-mandate in one of the VUB faculties.
• The PhD student obtained a master degree from one of the countries of the EU, the EER or Switzerland.
• The PhD student obtained this degree with at least “distinction” (cum laude).
• The promotor and PhD student agree on providing the steering committee of the Fund with a yearly scientific and financial report and mentioning the VUB AVN Fund in all scientific publications or communication related to the doctoral research.
• The promotor and PhD student agree to act in line with all applicable VUB regulations.
Submissions and selection procedure
• The promotor solely or the promotor and PhD candidate together submit(s) a research proposal of maximum 5 pages, mentioning at least the following items: title of the project, an acronym, situating the research, research objectives, the research strategy and a work plan including work packages, deliverables and milestones. Work packages shall comprise defined tasks.
• The application must be submitted by e-mail: Foundation@vub.be
• The application is screened on eligibility (completeness and admission criteria)
• The selection is based on 2 admission criteria: project and application potential
• The steering committee of the Fund decides on the approval of the research project and renewal of the PhD scholarship.
The steering committee consists of the following members:
- Mr. Jean Vereecken, Chairman AVN and Chairman VUB AVN Fund
- Mr. Frank Deconinck, Board of Directors AVN
- Prof. Dr. Stefaan Caenepeel, in his capacity of Dean of the Faculty Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Eric Jespers, in his capacity of Dean of the Faculty Science and Bio-engineering Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Hugo Thienpont, in his capacity of Vice-Rector Innovation and Industrial Policy
For more information clickbelow.