The Global Good Fund Fellowship
The Global Good Fund Fellowship is a 12-month program supporting the leadership development of young social entrepreneurs across the globe. The Global Good Fund develops these innovators by pairing them with executives who serve as Mentors, and by providing leadership assessment resources, a network of peers, sector expertise, and targeted financial capital.
The Global Good Fund supports the Fellows in their natural work environments through a first-of-its-kind 360 leadership assessment tool, the 360 MIRROR, specifically designed for social entrepreneurs. This tool is a behavior-based assessment of the skills and values associated with great leaders.
The results of the assessment and conversations with a Global Good Fund Leadership Development Coach form the basis for a Leadership Development Plan to be implemented with support of a Global Good Fund Mentor. The network of Mentors includes leaders like Ted Leonsis, Owner & CEO of Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Tracy Fitzsimmons, President of Shenandoah University, Sami Inkinen, Co-Founder of Trulia, Lydia Thomas, former CEO of Noblis, and Pete Smith, CEO of Al Tayyar Energy.
Fellows will be exposed to various activities throughout the year, such as our annual Summit, a four-day curated leadership development experience for the Fellows and Alumni. Each Fellow retakes the leadership assessment at the end of the Fellowship and then 1, 3, 5, and 10 years post Fellowship to track his/her growth.
Phase 1: Preliminary Questionnaire
Phase I consists of a preliminary questionnaire that is reviewed for alignment with Fellowship criteria. In order to be considered for the fellowship, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The enterprise that the candidate leads is at least one-year old;
- The enterprise must have at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- The candidate is committed full‐time to running his/her enterprise;
- The candidate is under 40 years of age (if 40 or older, explain rationale for joining fellowship);
- Candidate should not be currently receiving formal coaching/mentoring support;
- The candidate has to be in a position where s/he has decision making power.
Phase II of the application consists of two parts: Part A is an informal video recording that addresses the following topics:
- Your motivation to set-up your enterprise;
- The mission and objectives of your enterprise;
- The reasons why you and your enterprise are unique and address a specific problem more effectively than other enterprises.
Part B of the application also consists of a written section that assesses leadership, the enterprise, and social impact. Each written application will be read and scored by at least two reviewers. The Candidate’s video and written application will be reviewed and scored on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest score. Candidates with the highest cumulative scores will advance to Phase III.
Phase 3: Virtual Site Visit
Scheduled October 1 - October 31, 2018
Part III of the application consists of a one-hour virtual site visit. The Global Good Fund will speak to the candidate, core team members, and community members. These conversations will occur throughout the selection process. Finalists will be notified about their selection results later by December 2018.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.