Postdoctoral Research at IIASA
The Postdoctoral Program at IIASA offers fully funded research positions of up to two years to study topics related to the IIASA research agenda. Candidates are required to submit a research proposal, which will form the basis for a co-designed research agenda that couples their own interests with the IIASA research agenda. To find the program suitable for your research please view the research page.
- Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA (the typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12-24 months). Please do not apply if you need to be away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization
- IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs
The fellowships, which are up to two years in duration, are the result of a competitive process and carry special recognition both within and outside the institute. The following criteria are taken into account:
- Quality of the research
- Novelty of the research
- Candidate's merits
- Cross-cutting potential
Accepted candidates are offered
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg;
- limited support for monthly business travel;
- a scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39,000 EUR p.a.). It is exempt from taxation in Austria but subject to the principle of income aggregation;
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
All information submitted will be held in strict confidence.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.