Big Data and Machine Learning
From June 30th to July 6th, 2018 the two in Germany based Big Data Competence Centers ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig and BBDC are organizing the fourth international summer school on Big Data and Machine Learning in its summer school series.The event aims at graduate students, Ph.D. students, researchers as well as well as practitioners starting or being active in the field of Big Data and Machine Learning. The program offers inspiring insights into the area by selected research keynotes from international experts combined with industrial talks. Prior to the summer school, there will be a "streamline" hackathon for hands-on development of an application for real-time analytics of streaming data. Furthermore, there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange ideas and to discuss the topics with other participants and speakers. The summer school also hosts several social activities such as a city walk and a dinner in a traditional restaurant.
- Hackathon: June 30th- July 1st 2018
- Summer School: July 2nd- July 6th 2018
The big data Hackathon and the Summer School will be held at the University of Leipzig
Topics and Program Highlights
The Hackathon will focus on the practical application of stream-based event processing.
- Overview to building complex real-time data analytics pipelines based on open-source cluster-computing frameworks
- Implementation by using such frameworks
- challenge: pick one or more real-time data sources and build real-time analytics workflows or tools, which improve strategic planning or decision making. Source are either provided by the samples or can self-chosen and optional historical data sources can be used.
The topics of the summer school include:
- Data Mining in Stream Data
- Machine Learning for the Sciences
- Declarative machine learning with Apache SystemML
- Confidentiality and Integrity of Cloud Databases
- Visual Analytics for Big Data
- -Cipher-based Graph Analytics on Spark
- Web-scale information extraction
- Big Data Integration
The places for the summer school and hackathon are limited - so early registration is highly recommended. The fee covers the attendance to all summer school & hackathon sessions, the social events (city walk, summer school dinner) as well as lunches and coffee breaks.
There is a small contingent of discounted admissions (50% of the academic rate) for qualified master and bachelor students who are recommended by a professor. Interested students or their professors should contact to secure a place.
To register for the Hackathon and the Summer school 2018, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
- Personal Information
- first name
- position (Student/Professor/Post-Doc)
- Billing address
- Commitments to participate in the individual social activities
- City Tour Leipzig
- Social Event tbd.
- Dinner + Hackathon Award Ceremony
- Participation in the Hackathon
- vegetarian/vegane food
- Prof. Dr. Erhard Rahm (ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig, Universität Leipzig)
- Prof. Dr. Volker Markl (BBDC, Technische Universität Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel (ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig, Technische Universität Dresden)
- Dr. René Jäkel (ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig, Technische Universität Dresden)
- Dr. Tilmann Rabl (BBDC, Technische Universität Berlin)
- Dr. Eric Peukert (ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig, Universität Leipzig)
- Karoline Kricke (ScaDS Dresden/Leipzig, Universität Leipzig)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.