“President Scholarship” for Prospective International Students
President scholarship for Foreign Students is set up by Qingdao University in order to encourage international students to come to Qingdao University for study and scientific research.
President scholarship provides full coverage of tuition fee, on-campus accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Category & Eligibility
1）Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 18 and 40, in good health condition.
2）Applicants shall be students who plan to take Doctoral Program or Master Program in September 2018.
3) Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, behave well and meet the entrance requirements of Master & Doctoral programs in Qingdao University.
4) Only applicants that have not received other sorts of fund or scholarship could apply for this scholarship.
5) All the master and doctoral majors could be applied.
1) Application form for＇President Scholarship for Foreign Students＇
2)Application form for degree-seeking international students in Qingdao university
4) Copy of your passport
5) Original academic credentials for college (should be written in Chinese or English and should be an original or notarized copy.)
6) Transcript (should be written in Chinese or English and should be an original or notarized copy.)
7) Work certificate. (Certificate (HSK5 is required by programs taught in Chinese))
8) Certificate of English proficiency
9) Recommendation letters from two associate professors, experts, or scholars with equal title.
10)Personal Statement (Including personal study and work experience, future plan for study; Written in English or Chinese).
11)Relevant Award Certificate.
12）Application fee of 400 RMB. Please pay by bank transfer or in cash. For bank transfer information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students studying at school for 1 year or more than 1 year are required to participate in the Annual Review. The Annual Review mainly focuses on the academic achievements, learning attitude, attendance, behavior, rewards and punishments, which will be used to conduct a comprehensive evaluation as next year’s criteria on whether to continue to enjoy the scholarship or not. When registering in March every year, please go to the International Student Office to get the Annual Review Form to participate in the annual review. Not participating in the Annual Review without reason or failing to pass the Annual Review will cause the cancellation of the scholarship.
There are three ways to submit application materials. Please choose one of the followings:
1) Email to: email@example.com
2) Mail by post: International Students Office, Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road, Qingdao，266071，China Tel: (86) 532-85953863
3）Come to the International Students Office to submit directly.
Directions: This office is located in the lobby of MinXing Building on the West Campus of Qingdao University, 308 Ningxia Road (100 meters north of the International Academic Exchange Center).
Applicants should submit all the application documents between March 15 to May 20. Qingdao University will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid.
After confirming with the successful applicants, Admission Office will post “Letter of Admission”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China" (JW202 Form), copy of the scholarship certificate and other relevant documents to applicants. Please apply for an X1 or X2 visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country by using our materials. For further details on the visa approval process, please check with Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
Students who get the scholarship should offer more than 120 hours volunteer work per year for QU which related to international students’ admission and management.
1. Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of university to provide teaching and management of scholarship students
2. Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of university to provide students with in-campus apartments (usually double rooms).
3. Living allowance is granted by host institutions on a monthly basis. The monthly allowance for Doctoratestudents is 2,500 CNY per person. For Master student, the monthly allowance is 1,500 CNY per person.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance is purchased by the university in accordance with relevant regulations of studying in China stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.