Doctoral Scholarships from the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom 2018, Germany
The Foundation for Freedom advocates the principles of freedom, responsibility, and a market economy, the rule of law, tolerance, and human rights. Their role is to offer political education as their contribution to uphold a free and democratic society. The goal of the work is to enthuse young men and women about the ideals of freedom and win them over as ambassadors who promote such ideals here and abroad.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- currently working on a meaningful research project
- social and liberal-minded problem awareness and engagement are desirable
- law students can only apply for a doctoral scholarship if they have already completed or will only begin their legal clerkship upon completion of their PhD
- there are no age or subject restrictions apart from the following: doctoral students in the fields of human medicine and dentistry are not permitted to apply; funding is not provided for postdoctoral programmes, postgraduate courses or PhDs in the final phase
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a basic stipend of 1,200 euros per month is paid, plus health insurance and a family allowance
- funding is provided for a maximum period of two years and can be extended by two further periods of six months upon application
- workshops, training courses and seminars are provided in relevant academic and competence-based areas such as academic writing, presentation of academic results, career planning and crisis management
- academic and personal support throughout the doctoral programme
Application and Selection
Please note: German language skills on a B2-level is obligatory for the scholarships. Therefore the application has to be submitted in German. All applications must be submitted online.
- Fill out the application form and submit this with the CV and two references; doctoral candidates should include a précis of their planned research. For information and forms, visit stipendium.freiheit.org. Please note that the programme are converting to online applications, step-by-step.
- Candidates will be preselected based on the selection criteria.
- If the applicant is successful, he/she will be invited for a selection interview. This takes place with the programmes's independent selection committee.
- The applicant will be notified of acceptance or rejection within two weeks in writing, whereby the applicant shall have no right of acceptance for a scholarship.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.