Design Internship - Summer Nestling Program 2018, USA
Nest is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
This is not an average internship program. Interns at Nest are treated like full-time members of the team and given the opportunity to work on real products and projects. Join Nest and you’ll learn how to design, develop, and ship great products!
The interactive design team designs the user experience for the Nest Learning Thermostat, the Nest Protect smoke + CO alarm, and Nest mobile applications. They are responsible for defining how people interact with Nest products. The work could include conducting research, identifying use cases, creating flow diagrams, and collaborating with other UX team members to clearly define the Nest product experience.
The visual design team is responsible for the user experience and visual design of the Nest Learning Thermostat, the Nest Protect smoke + CO alarm, and Nest mobile applications. They strive to create innovative, great-looking, and usable products that people love to use now and in the future. The work could include translating user feedback or business requirements into visual user interfaces, evolving preliminary mockups and wireframes to final pixel perfect compositions, and developing high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by team and project
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Design (e.g. interaction, product, industrial, HCI, Computer Science or related field)
- Relevant design experience
- High organization and efficiency working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.