Extraordinary Explorations - Scholarship Competition Interior Design 2018
The competition revolves around a space an explorer could possibly find themselves in. Envision the explorer in an undisclosed space. It could be virtual or real, natural or artificial, physical or mental, concrete or abstract, pragmatic or symbolic, smooth or rough, finite or infinite… (Maybe a city, a virgin forest, an algorithm, a Picasso painting, an Antarctic glacier, an asteroid, a videogame, animals entrails, a mine, a hospital, anything.) You should track down the explorer’s characteristics, features and their exploration field. Design the basic living space where the explorer can live/survive in this unidentified territory.
The competition is open to young designers coming from architecture, interior design, and engineering faculties or professionals willing to explore the boundaries and constraints of the world of interior design, acquiring and widening their knowledge, critical awareness, original thinking.
Competition participants are expected to submit no more than three A3 sketches and a short text written in English. The materials are to be provided in a digital format (pdf file, max 10 Mb). Candidates are free to choose the scale of reference for their designs, but should specify what scale has been used. When illustrating designs, particular importance should be given to the visual and scenic representation of the interior space (3d models, perspective views and sections, rendering, etc.).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Motivation statement;
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with the corresponding number of hours/credits;
- Copy of passport;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the competition project and one including the remaining materials. The application fee is waived for competition participants.
Projects in digital format must be uploaded by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper works must be sent to: NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti International Admissions Office Via Darwin, 20 20143 Milan, Italy.
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let them know by mail.
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year MA in Design - Interior Design and the Admissions Jury.
June 5th 2018 - Communication of results to participants
June 13th 2018 - Deadline for winners to matriculate
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Design - Interior Design starting in September 2018.
- 1st prize: 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
- 2nd prize: 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
- 3rd prize: 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
- €9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
- €14.250 (for non-EU passport holders - Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included) Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
- Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
- Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2017/18 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
The projects sent to NABA will not be returned.
NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
The scholarship presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by NABA.
The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
If an assigned scholarship is not confirmed, it can be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program.
Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: