DW Akademie Master's Scholarship Program 2018, Germany
The program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts. Those interested must have completed an academic program (bachelor's degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree. The program is bilingual (English and German), whereby English is the prevalent course language.
Especially targeted at:
• Media representatives from radio, TV, online and print
• Journalists-in-training, especially from electronic media
• Journalists and management from community radio stations
• Communication experts
• NGO employees
• Employees from ministries
• Employees from cooperative development groups and projects
• Representatives from regional working groups and national broadcasters
• Media association representatives
For the Master's Program, applicants must have a bachelor's degree, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field and advanced skills in German and English.
For the International Media Studies program, applicants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field acquired after the completion of their first degree.
The Master’s Program is bilingual and students will have to provide proof of good verbal and written language skills in both German and English. This is usually given in form of a language test completed in their country of origin from a recognized institution. This does not apply for applicants' native language(s).
Prospective students will have to apply through an online application system. Please read the information below, before you visit the application link.
Before you start entering your data in the online application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
- Letter of motivation (signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your first academic degree (including ALL transcripts)
- Evidence of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least two years of professional experience)
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
- Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.5 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, APIEL at least Level 3) - English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
- Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
- Copy of your passport
If you would like to apply for a full scholarship, you will be required to submit some additional documents:
- Recent recommendation letter from a University (with letterhead, official University stamp, signature and date)
- Recent recommendation letter from your employer (with letterhead, official company stamp, signature and date)
- DAAD application form
- High school diploma
Regarding the English and German language skills, please be aware that you will need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills for both languages. If you have knowledge of only one of the two languages, this does not suffice. If one of these languages is your native language or you have completed your entire program of study in either of them, evidence of that particular language is not necessary.
Please note: Documents not originally issued in English or German must also be accompanied by an official, certified translation.
Please do not send original documents unless program team asks you to do so. If you are accepted into the program they will later ask you to submit the original, certified documents or official, certified copies to cooperation partner, the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition Fees, Financing and Scholarships
The tuition fees for the postgraduate, four-semester Master's Program will cost a total of 6,000 EUR. There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships available.
The program is granting full scholarship to up to 10 applicants each year. Prospective students from developing countries can apply for the full scholarship. The scholarship is 750 EUR per month covering costs for living and accommodation. The tuition fee and the flight will be also reimbursed. A committee will decide which applicants are to receive a scholarship after the application deadline has expired.
Prospective students from developing countries and countries in transition who do not meet the requirements for the full scholarship may apply for a partial scholarship. This will cover the costs of the tuition fees of 6,000 EUR. The expenses for traveling, accommodation and living will have to be paid by yourself.
University supports students actively during the entire program. The manageable number of students and the personal atmosphere all contribute to an immediate and open communication between teachers and students.
Students are actively supported during the entire program. The average course size between 25 and 30 participants creates the ideal conditions for learning.
An intensive dialogue between students and teachers will be cultivated in the program. The administration's "open-door policy", the manageable number of students and the personal atmosphere at school all contribute to the immediate and open communication between teachers and students - even when it comes to critique.
Regular evaluations let the students rate their lecturers and teachers, making it possible to implement proposals quickly.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.