Available Ph.D. Positions and Scholarships
For the academic year 2018/2019 a total of six scholarships for full-time Ph.D. students are available:
- 5 Ph.D. positions for research projects in any field in Economics are financed by the University of Bologna and by the Department of Economics.
- 1 Ph.D. position is for participation in the European Doctorate in Law and Economics, EDLE;
Candidates are asked to specify their interest in applying for one of the different types of scholarships. For the positions in EDLE the statement of purposes should include a short research project and information on the candidates’ specific skills and experience that makes them comparably well suited for the position.
Each scholarship amounts to approx. € 13.600,00 gross per year (12.500,00 net) and is paid on a monthly basis. The amount of the grant is increased by 30% during visits abroad of no less than 1 month and no more than 18 months. The full-time scholarships will be assigned to the best applicants on a competitive basis. Up to 1 self-financed Ph.D. students positions are also available (the amount of the yearly full tuition fees to be paid by candidates is € 157,64 for each year).
All admitted students receive additional research funds provided by the department starting from the 2nd year (around € 1.300 per year).
Further financial support takes the form of teaching assistantships with official calls from the University, and research assistantships (usually administered by professors using their research funding).
Candidates from any country and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or who are in line to complete it no later than October 31st, 2018. Such degree must be one of the following:
- an Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system);
- an Italian university degree – pre-reform system (4 years).
- an academic degree conferred by foreign institutions, already recognised as equivalent to an Italian degree by Italian authorities like, for instance, a MA or a MSc. These include also inter-university specific agreements of cooperation and mobility.
The following documents are needed for application
- Copy of Valid ID or Passport;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Statement of purpose: no more than 3000 characters double-spaced in English with a short description of the candidate’s academic background, his/her research interests and expected professional goals. This document does not constrain the selected candidate in the future choice of research topics;
- At least one letter of reference (no more than three). At least one letter must be from an academic referee.
- Degree transcripts of both the BA/BSc and the MA/MSc. For degrees obtained in Italy, please submit a signed self-declaration (so called “autocertificazione”); for degrees obtained in non-EU countries, please submit the degree certificate issued by the relevant University; for degrees obtained in EU countries (except Italy), you can do either. The document must contain the following information: personal information, name of the University, degree name, final score, transcript of final (or intermediate) results obtained. For degree transcripts from outside of Italy, an official translation into Italian or English must be attached;
- A proof of English proficiency (for non-native English speakers). For instance TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, or any other document or statement certifying that the candidate is fluent in English;
- Graduate record tests (taken in the last 3 years) are not compulsory but are strongly recommended. Preferably the GRE– General Test but also GMAT is admissible. For the delivery of GRE results, please note that our department’s code is 1801, while UniBo’s code is 7850.
- Any other optional document or qualification that the candidate considers as potentially relevant for the assessment of the application is welcome as well. For instance a paper or chapter of an undergraduate dissertation (no more than 40 double-spaced pages) that the candidate considers as the best sample of her/his previous work.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: