Career Development Fellowships in the National Technology Centre Programme
ENTERPRISE IRELAND has launched its second Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND programme – Career-FIT – for Career Development Fellowships in Ireland’s Technology Centres. Career-FIT is a fellowship programme, part-funded by Horizon 2020 and part funded by Enterprise Ireland.
A key feature of Career-FIT is the opportunity for experienced researchers from outside Ireland to develop their careers in market focused applied research through 3 year fellowships with secondment into industry through the CeADAR Centre. Successful candidates will carry out research in Ireland and will gain inter-sectoral and interdisciplinary exposure through this programme.
Salary: € 56,191 – (61,608 with family allowance)
Applicants will possess a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. There are 25 fellowships awards available in this call and the call will remain open until Monday 30th April 2018.
Enterprise Ireland has been awarded funding by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions to co-fund a research fellowship scheme with international and intersector mobility elements.
The aims of the fellowships are to support suitable highly qualified experienced researchers in any discipline to:
- conduct research relevant to the Technology Centres;
- engage in collaboration with suitable companies;
- experience and benefit from international mobility;
- avail of relevant training and career development opportunities;
- increase their chances of gaining a future senior research position, especially in the private sector.
Fellows will be selected for CAREER-FIT awards following a transparent, merit-based, impartial and equitable selection procedure, based on international peer review. Only complete applications submitted by eligible applicants and supported by eligible host organizations and company partners will be assessed.
All CAREER-FIT applicants must fulfill the criteria for one of the following two experienced researcher types:
- Experienced researcher has been awarded their doctoral degree before the time of recruitment
- Experienced researcher does not hold a doctoral degree, but holds a master’s degree or an undergraduate degree such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (degrees equivalent to the master’s degree level 9 or to the honours bachelor degree level 8 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications NFQ), enabling him/her to embark on a doctorate in Ireland or the country in which the qualification was obtained;
- Before the time of recruitment, experienced researcher has completed at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience following the qualification which would enable her/him to embark on a doctorate in Ireland or the country in which the qualification was obtained.
CAREER-FIT fellows must be able to communicate to the requisite standard through the English language. A statement confirming same by the host institution will be required as part of the endorsement of the application.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below