Haniel Scholarship Programs
The Haniel Foundation offers two kinds of scholarship programs for MPP students at the Brandt School: The Haniel Scholarship program offers financing for applicants from Eastern Europe and CIS countries, and the Haniel Stipend program is available for highly qualified applicants from Germany, Western Europe, the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
The Haniel Scholarships are open to applicants from Eastern European and CIS countries. Haniel Scholarship holders receive a full scholarship in the amount of €750 per month for the duration of the two-year Master of Public Policy at the Brandt School. Each year up to four scholarships are awarded.
Haniel Scholarships are based both on academic merit and need. To be considered for a scholarship you need to come from an eligible country, have an excellent academic record and indicate your need for a scholarship in your personal statement.
The application deadline for the Haniel Scholarship is June 15th (also for applicants with EU citizenship). To apply for the scholarship, applicants indicate their interest on the general MPP online application form and in their personal statement. Several steps further down the applicaton process - after admission to the program - you will be provided with the scholarship application form which needs to be completed and sent back. Applicants will be informed by the end of July if they have been selected to receive a Haniel Scholarship.
Haniel Stipends are open to applicants showing excellence from Germany, Western Europe, the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Such as the Haniel Scholarships, Haniel Stipends are awarded to applicants who demonstrate exceptional accomplishment and intellectual promise. Haniel Stipends cover the costs of the tuition fees at the Brandt School for the two-year study period (€6,000). Stipend rates will be allotted per semester (€1,500 per semester). Each year up to three stipends are awarded.
Please submit your completed MPP application no later than June 15 (also for applicants with EU citizenship) to be considered for a stipend, indicating your interest on the general MPP online application form and in your personal statement. You will be informed applicants by the end of July if they have been selected to receive a Haniel Stipend.
The prerequisites for applying to the Master of Public Policy program are:
- Higher education entrance qualification (i.e. high school diploma, Abitur)
- College or university degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma, state exam, etc.) equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree with a minimum duration of 6 semesters
- First professional experience
- Above-average grades or above-average professional performance
- Analytical talent and pronounced interest in political problems
- Candidates who received their degree from an English-language college or university are not required to submit proof of their English language proficiency in the form of a test score report. Instead, they must submit an official letter from their university stating that English was the language of instruction, all coursework, and all examinations
English Language Requirements:
A very good English language proficiency ( TOEFL: Internet-based test (iBT): 90 or above, Paper test: 577 or above. Please note: the ITP test cannot be accepted; IELTS: 6.5 or above (for all categories – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking); Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: A or B)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.