Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service
Postdoctoral Fellows Program
Academia Sinica (AS), the most eminent national research institution in Taiwan, provides a well-developed research environment for about 600 postdoctoral fellows. Each year, we offer a favourable research opportunity for both domestic and international postdoctoral researchers. Candidates can easily find their fields of interests in versatile areas of mathematics and physical sciences, life sciences, humanities and social sciences at AS.
Postdoctoral Fellows Program at AS consists of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows and (Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows. Both fellowships provide US$ 23,830 to US$ 34,350 as base annual salary (the exact amount is determined by candidate’s qualification).
This is a full-time research position. The initial appointment is on a 2-year term (with an annual contract), renewable based on satisfactory performance review and funding availability.
Qualifications and Subsidies
- Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 4 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications; evidence of excellence in independent research.
- Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship provides air fares and additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure (for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment etc.).
- (Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 6 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
- Regular Postdoctoral Fellow may obtain additional subsidy after negotiation with the sponsoring Principal Investigator.
Materials to be Submitted
Application materials and credentials are submitted online. Applicants will be guided step by step to provide materials such as a letter of agreement from the sponsoring principal investigator, a copy of diploma, a full curriculum vitae, a research plan, reprints of publications, and 3 letters of recommendation.
Applications for different fields of study or different fellowships will be required to provide different materials.
I. Applicant must first contact our Principal Investigators (PIs) directly.
There are 31 institutes or centers at Academia Sinica. Visit the following websites in your field of interest to identify potential PIs whose research team you would like to join. Write to the prospective PI directly to state your interest and intention of application.
- Division of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Division of Life Sciences
- Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
II. Complete the Online Application
Postdoctoral research program is open for application twice a year: the first round between 1st August and 1st September, the second round between 15th January and 1st March. Please read the Guidelines for Postdoctoral Fellows Program at Academia Sinica for detailed regulations.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: