The Open Society Foundations - Armenia is currently seeking applications for the following position: Human rights lawyer
This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director. The specialist’s responsibility will be to oversee the successful implementation of the Foundation’s Programs in the respective areas.
- Analyzing human rights legislation, policies and practices with the focus on restoration of rights and improvement of legislative-policy environment through the tool of strategic litigation, specifically in the areas of access to justice, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and anti-discrimination;
- Reviewing proposals and preparing summaries of legal issues for follow up
- Preparing case briefs for Foundation’s website
- Undertaking research tasks, analysis of relevant legislation and preparation of legal justifications for issues within the Foundation’s priorities
- Providing legal analysis of human rights related legislative drafts and policies.
Qualifications will include
- Strong dedication to human rights promotion in Armenia
- A minimum of five years of experience in the area ofhuman rights and rule of law development in an international organization and/or as a human rights lawyer
- University degree in law or human rights
- Clear understanding of the critical human rights challenges in Armenia and familiarity with international trends in human rights, rule of law and democracy promotion
- In-depth knowledge of national strategies, legislation, regulations, commitments, obligations related to human rights and relevant international frameworks
- Experience in developing of the legal justifications
- Ability to write legal analysis on human rights issues for local and international institutions
- Extensive experience of working with vulnerable groups, civil society groups/networks, state institutions and agencies, international organizations
- Experience in communications and outreach to vulnerable groups
- Ability to handle confidential issues
- Self-motivation with an ability to set and meet goals
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in Armenian, English and Russian
Deadline for submission of applications (CV and a cover letter) is 17:00 p.m. on January 26, 2018 via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be invited to the interview.