National Expert on Energy Efficient Lighting Technologies and Standards
The projects under implementation of the UNDP Climate Change Programme namely: i) “Green Urban Lighting” UNDP-GEF project (GUL); ii) “Regulatory Framework to Promote Energy Efficiency in Countries of the Eurasian Economic Union” UNDP-RTF (RF); and iii) “De-Risking and Scaling-up Investment in Energy Efficient Building Retrofits” UNDP-GCF (GCF) have common overarching goal to support the greenhouse emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective have to be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy and efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances , as well as three broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Expert on Energy Efficient Lighting Technologies and Standards will work under the overall supervision of the UNDP Climate Change Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Projects’ Task Leaders. The incumbent will report to the Projects’ Task Leaders. More specifically the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support the projects in consultations with relevant national stakeholders on energy efficiency standards adaptation/elaboration, enforcement and compliance.
- Support the projects in development of relevant legislation, standards and regulations on quality and performance of lighting equipment.
- Provide expertise regarding development of technical and policy justifications and proposed enforcement mechanism to support introduction of the energy efficiency appliances.
- Provide expertise on efficient lighting technologies and technical specifications for organization of procurements under the projects.
- Support in identification on the needs of testing laboratories and in drafting the technical specifications for the lighting products and laboratory equipment.
- Consult on building systems energy passport issues related to lighting systems energy efficiency indicators rating.
- Assist the project in identification of needs and building national capacity for testing and certification of energy appliances in accordance with adopted MEPS/HEPS.
- Support the project management in development of analytical reports, and in drafting lessons learned report under GUL project.
- Support in monitoring and reporting on the results of the demonstration projects
- Develop and provide corresponding information materials related to energy efficient lighting codes and standards to be used in the awareness raising campaigns.
- Awareness of local and international best practice in the field of lighting technologies
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipality specialists, scientific institutions and private sector;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team based information sharing.
- Ability to systemize, analyze and present the data.
- Good knowledge of computer software (MS Office and web applications), as well as knowledge of the task specific design and engineering software.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in the field of energy and /or engineering
- At least 7 years of working experience in the field of energy efficient lighting technologies application;
- Experience in elaboration/localization of energy efficiency lighting codes and standards;
- Experience with UNDP-GEF project implementation procedures
- Good knowledge of Armenian, Russian and English.
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
- Criteria A: Experience in energy efficient lighting technologies’ application- max 20 points
- Criteria B: Experience in development/adaptation of energy efficiency lighting codes and standards- max 20 points
- Criteria C: Networking skills with institutions in charge of development and application of lighting standards in Armenia - max 10 points
- Criteria D: Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipality specialists, scientific institutions and private sector- max 10 points
- Criteria E: Experience with UNDP-GEF project implementation procedures-max 5 points
- Criteria F: Language skills-max 5 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates can apply for the position at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=76446