Richard Plaschka Fellowship PostDoc
OeAD-GmbH/ICM-Centre for International Cooperation & Mobility on behalf of and funded by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW)
Grant benefit paid:
1) Supplementary grant, own funds are required
a) Monthly grant rate: 1.150 EUR
b) Monthly mobility allowance: 600 EUR (for research stays of 3 months or longer)
2) Accommodation, insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
- monthly rent: 220 to 480 EUR (depending on the amenities)
- monthly administrative fee: 18 EUR
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
3) Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. 1.000 EUR. This subsidy can cover (parts of) travel expenses to Austria as well as to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country.
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application
• Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers who qualify as professors (habilitation or equal qualification). For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; however, they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application;
• Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically;
• Scan of your passport (page with name and photo);
• Scan of your university graduation certificate of your diploma or master and PhD or doctoral studies;
• Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project;
• proof of teaching assignment;
• proof of employment at a university.
• Incomplete applications and applications that do not fulfil the application criteria will not be considered;
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled;
• Scholarship holders have to be present at their place of studies in Austria to pursue their research activities;
• Scholarship holders are not allowed to take up paid work in Austria while receiving an OeAD grant;
• The scholarship rate is intended for single recipients only, not for accompanying family members;
• Applicants should consider and explicitly agree that the personal details in the application will be shared with the authority dealing with their application and the contractual exchange partners as well as with other authorities awarding grants in Austria (§ 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended).
The selection follows a multistage process:
1. Examination of the formal requirements
2. Examination of the application's general plausibility
3. Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
4. Interviews by the "Richard Plaschka scholarship committee" in Vienna.
5. Final decision by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.