The U.S. Embassy in Morocco is pleased to announce the 2018 the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD).
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is a one-semester study program at a university in the United States sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by World Learning. This international educational and cultural exchange program brings future young leaders to the United States to experience the U.S. educational system, enhance their knowledge and professional skills, and explore U.S. society, culture and values. It also affords participants the opportunity to share their cultures and traditions with people in the United States. This is a non-degree program. It is the students’ responsibility to check with their home institutions whether any credits accumulated during the Global UGRAD program will be transferred.
Global UGRAD is conducted as a merit-based open competition. All academic fields of study are eligible. Qualified applicants will be reviewed by a selection panel. Selected participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to enroll in at least two courses in their major and at least one course in a US Studies field, such as U.S. history, literature, art, or government. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers, and will be required to participate in 20 hours of community service.
The scholarship will cover international travel, tuition, room and board, accident/sickness insurance, a monthly stipend, and funding for books.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The Global UGRAD seeks undergraduate students in any field of academic specialization who fulfill the conditions below:
- Applicants must be Moroccan citizens, currently residing in Morocco;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate studies;
- Applicants must have completed their first year of undergraduate study prior to starting their Global UGRAD program. They also must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program;
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required later for the students who will be selected as finalists or alternates;
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, extracurricular and volunteering activities;
- Applicants must able to begin studies in the United States in August 2018 or January 2019 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Preference will be given to applicants who have had little or no experience in the U.S. or outside Morocco;
- Applicants must be committed to return directly to Morocco after the completion of the program.
HOW TO APPLY?
The application deadline is December 31, 2017. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
If you have additional questions, please e-mail World Learning using the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: