The Center will award Postdoctoral Fellowships within the framework of the 2018–2019 Fellows Program. More senior scholars with outside or sabbatical funding who wish to be in residence at the Davis Center in 2018–2019 should apply using the Visiting Scholar application.
Eligibility and Terms
- For junior scholars who will have completed the Ph.D. or equivalent by September 2018, but no earlier than September 2013 (less than five years ago).
- Stipend of up to $40,500 for 9 months or $54,000 for 12 months.
- Scholars may apply to be in residence for 9 months or 12 months.
- $5,000 in additional research funding.
- Eligible for employee benefits (including subsidized health insurance).
- Shared office space and borrowing privileges at Harvard libraries provided.
- Citizens of all countries may apply.
Please read through the following information carefully before beginning the application. The application form must be completed in one session; there is no option to save and return to it later. All materials must be submitted in English.
Complete the web-based application form, which includes:
- Basic biographical information
- Proposed research project and tenure
- Affiliation and contact information for three referees
Upload the following materials:
Project Proposal: Explain the significance of your proposed research, when you expect to complete it, how it will differ from other studies on the same topic, what materials are available for it, where they are located, and any other information you consider relevant. Explain why the Davis Center would be a suitable place for your work. This document should be single-spaced and approximately 2,500 words in length. Please include your full name in the header or footer of your proposal.
Brief Curriculum Vitae: Include academic background, employment history, and major publications. List the institutions in which you have studied or worked, institution locations, field(s) of study, degrees, and dates of employment or study. Please do NOT include any sensitive personal data on your CV, such as social security number, passport number, or date of birth. Due to our security protocols this information must be redacted.
Please do not submit additional materials, such as transcripts, certificates, diplomas, monographs, or publications. They will not be considered.
Letters of Recommendation: Please arrange to have three referees evaluate your work and proposal. Letters submitted through the fellowship applicant should be enclosed in an envelope and signed across the seal by the referee. Referees may also mail their letters directly to the Davis Center. Letters must be received by January 10, 2018, and can be mailed to:
Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies
1730 Cambridge Street, Suite S301
Cambridge, MA 02138
Electronic recommendations will be accepted if sent from a portfolio service like Interfolio or an official institutional address. Electronic recommendations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters from email services like Yahoo!, Yandex, and Gmail will not be accepted.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.