In our mission to support life-changing work for children, we seek out only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide. To help us maintain this gold standard, all Nominees must meet these minimum requirements.
- Nominees must have full knowledge that they are being nominated. We strongly recommend that the person you are nominating and the related organization assist you in completing the nomination form.
- Nominees must be available to participate in the Annual Awards Ceremony held in New York City, USA, on October 27, 2016, if he/she is selected as an Honoree. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by World of Children Award.
- Nominees must be nominated for one Award only. Individuals submitted for multiple categories will be disqualified.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if the Nominee is Awarded.
- Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization's success and growth.Volunteers and paid staff, including the organization's executive director, are not qualified for an Award.
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated. If multiple individuals are nominated from the same organization, World of Children Award retains the right to select which Nomination Form/application to review, solely at its discretion.
- Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children. Organizations serving a substantial number of adults, while wonderful in their own right, do not align with this mission and may be disqualified.
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment. Alternatively, the Nominee must work for little or no pay.
- World of Children Award excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position. The Board of Governors of World of Children Award reserves the right to exclude Nominations it deems to be religious or political in nature.
- The organization of individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with organizations having less than a 10-year history will be disqualified. (See exception pertaining to the Youth Award below)
- Individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with less than 10 years of work will be disqualified. (See exception pertaining to the Youth Award below)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Nominations process consists of a few simple steps including:
1) Nomination Grant Application
After creating an account, you will be taken to the Nomination Grant Application, which consists of two separate forms:
- The About the Nominator form asks for some basic information about you, the Nominator.
- The Nomination Form consists of all the questions you need to answer in order to Nominate someone for an Award. When you have completed these two forms, you will submit them for review.
After your Nomination is submitted, our rigerous review process begins. If we need more information about your Nominee, we will contact you by email.
We announce our newest class of Honorees each year around September. All other Nominees are notified of their status by this time.
This year, Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Education Award
- Health Award
- Humanitarian Award
- Protection Award
- Youth Award
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Awards Program Timeline
- You will NOT be able to edit your Nomination Grant Application after it has officially been submitted and the Nomination process is closed. However, you may continue to log into and out of your Nomination form as many times as needed, making sure to save your work until you are ready to submit your final application.
- We can only accept Nominations written in English at this time.
HOW TO PREPARE:
To make the process as easy as possible, it's helpful to review the types of questions you will be asked. The links below provide helpful resources to learn how to prepare for your Nomination and how to submit a Nomination:
**Please Note: The deadline for submitting a Nomination for a 2016 Awards is Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT **