World Food Programme Government Partnerships Division Internship
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position with the WFP Government Partnerships Division. The position will be based at WFP Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of six months starting from 29 March 2016.
The selected candidate will be assisting the Government Partnerships Division with the following key duties:
- Assist the Donor Relations Officer (DRO) in designing and updating tracking sheets for highprofile operations (previously the Sahel and currently the Syria crises response);
- Liaise with respective DROs in Headquarters, Liaison Offices, Regional Bureaus and Country Offices regarding forecasts and potential contributions for the tracked operations and draft a daily update to be sent by the DRO for senior management;
- Assist the DRO in managing the quarterly issue of the Operational Resourcing Update (ORU) publication for dissemination to donors;
- Consolidate inputs for the Team’s weekly highlights for DRO global network;
- Research background information and assist the DRO in preparing documentation for executive briefs and regional/international meetings;
- Proofread briefs, concept notes, notes for records and other documentation;
- Assist the DRO in the implementation of the 2016 global forecast exercise in coordination with COs for all regions;
- Engage in various exercises on contributions and forecasts such as preparing funding history, resource situation; comparative analysis of operations for all regions;
- Assist the DRO in drafting/editing official correspondence (Letters, Note Verbales) mainly for the Cairo Regional Bureau (RBC) and Panama Regional Bureau (RBP);
- Perform other duties as and when required such as drafting or updating donor fact sheets (UN Peacebuilding Fund, UN Central Emergency Response Fund), help coordinate some assignments for DROs (2012 Donor Highlights for ED’s speech, Middle Income Country funding exercise, categorizing Pillar 2 ‘Other Streams’ exercise, etc.), prepare documentation for project review committees (PRCs) along with small daily tasks. Essential Requirements
- Currently enrolled in University and have attended classes in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed 2 years of undergraduate studies or have graduated in the last 12 months from a Bachelors/Master’s Degree in various academic disciplines of Social Sciences;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
Go to: http://www.wfp.org/about/vacancies/internship/16-0020575
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on the hyperlink to view the current opening(s) and “Apply” to submit your application(s).
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
Deadline for applications: 4 March 2016
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: