Call for Papers Changing memoryscapes: Social (re)construction of places of memory
We especially welcome papers that tackle one of the following issues:
- generational aspects of understanding memoryscapes – whether and in which ways trans-generational transmission of cultural trauma occurs and is manifested around places of memory
- changing of symbols/meanings related to commemorations of mass violence and/or victory sites – impact of international criminal law and/or politics of conditionality
- changes in everyday practices in proximity of the sites of memory
- changes in representations of memory sites – virtual representation and digitalised memories
- absence of memory – how and why it occurs and interpretations of silence(s)
We invite abstracts (max. 400 words) and short CVs (max. 3 pages) to be submitted by 8 October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted participants will be notified by 16 October 2017. We are pleased to announce that contributions to travel expenses will be provided for selected early career researchers. Workshop participation is free of charge.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.