About the award
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
Terms and conditions
*Obligations of the scholarship holder are to:
- attend the MBA orientation event at the commencement of semester; and
- complete all courses within the MBA program course list (no substitutions permitted); and
- fulfil all requirements associated with their student visa; and
- diligently and to the best of their ability apply themselves to the successful completion of the MBA program; and
- conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions); and
- not defer or otherwise interrupt studies; and
- notify the Academic Dean and Head of School in writing if:
- they are absent for any reason (other than officially timetabled study breaks) for a period of 7 days or more from the place of study, except with prior approval from the MBA Director.
Scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to re-apply for the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
- meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above; or
- successfully pass a course (grade of 4 or higher).
From 2016, UQ Business School is offering up to four (4) 50% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding woman commencing the MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) each year.