Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. Its mission is conceptualized as a movement to enable processes that connect institutes of higher education with local communities to address the development challenges of rural India through participatory processes and appropriate technologies for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between the society and an inclusive university system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors.Under the aegis of UBA, IIT Roorkee has identified 5 villages namely Beladi, Chandpur, Chharba, Meerpur and Mohand. The student team identifies problems persisting in the villages and proposes solutions pertaining to the fields including but not limited to sanitation & cleanliness, education, skill development, agriculture, physical infrastructure, social and institutional infrastructure. The team promotes alternative and eco-friendly methods of farming like organic farming, alternative energy sources like biogas in the village. It also promotes various govt. schemes in the above mentioned villages like the DELP scheme, MSBY of Uttrakhand, skill India etc.
Last Date to Apply: December 23, 2016
Early applications will be given some additional credits
UBA-IIT Roorkee team has a vision to sensitize the youth about the ground level problems and therefore they are organizing a Winter School from January 13, 2017 to January 16, 2017 for students all over India to participate and learn.
Major highlights of the winter school are:
1. Session on 'The Art of Networking'.
- Learn to communicate with high rank officials.
- Certified Workshop on professional documentation
2. Accessible India
- Session on the concept of Accessible India Campaign
- Certified field assignment on Accessible India
3. Introduction to the concept of Integrated Rural Development
4. Issues of Indian Economy
- Session on the Issues of Indian Economy and the impact of demonetization
- Certified field assignment on the impact of demonetization
5. Social Entrepreneurship/ Startups
6. Into the Bright India
- Essence of Rural and Tribal India
- Social infrastucture of Rural India
The candidates will be part of event which will include talks with faculty from IIT Roorkee and other institutes as well as renowned practitioners from the field. Additional activities will include field visits, group discussions, informal sessions, campus walk etc.
Candidates will get a chance to work on an actual problem prevailing in a village and also draft solutions for the same. The candidates are expected to prepare a detailed report of their activities during field visits.
Number of positions available: 40
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for full time (in-office) internship.
- are available for duration of 5 days (preferred, not mandatory).
- are pursuing any degree but have relevant skills and interest
- are currently in any year of study
- Any undergraduate can apply.
- Before applying, Kindly make a new folder on your google drive and add a) photograph b) Statement of Purpose c) your CV in it. You will be asked to share it during registration.
1. Candidates need to bear their travel expenses to and from Roorkee
2. Candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs. 1900. This fee includes the following:
- Accommodation (dates will be intimated soon)
- Mess Fee (dates will be intimated soon)
- Participation fee of all events, workshops and field visits
- Expenses of field visit
Adress: IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667
For more official information click "Further official information" below and register for the Winter School.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: