WFUNA supports and encourages youth engagement and participation in the United Nations Associations and United Nations Youth Associations around the world through the WFUNA Youth Network. With this initiative, we want to highlight the contributions of thousands of young people to our organization and share their achievements with a wider audience. In commemoration of International Youth Day 2016, we will launch a yearly feature, the WFUNA Young Leader of the Year.
What is this year's theme?
The WFUNA Young Leader of 2016 will be focused on Sustainable Development Goal 16 aimed at promoting just, peaceful and inclusive societies.
We encourage nominations of young people working to:
- Reduce all forms of violence
- End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children
- Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all
- Reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels
- Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels
- Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms
What will I do as WFUNA Young Leader of the Year?
Apart from being able to state proudly that you have been selected as WFUNA Young Leader of 2016, you will:
- Support WFUNA's work in the UN Working Group on Youth & Peacebuilding
- Participate in WFUNA’s awareness raising campaigns and advocacy efforts
- Possibility of engaging in panel discussions, workshops, training sessions facilitated by WFUNA on the implementation of Goal 16
- Free participation in WFUNA’s programs, such as the Human Rights Youth Training in Geneva, WIMUN 2017, etc.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.