Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
New international students commencing in 2016.
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree (does not apply to the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery).
Fifty percent of tuition fees per annum up to a maximum three years (based on an average tuition fee of $23,860, value is approximately $11,930 per annum). The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Three years only
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573).
- commence study in 2016.
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent in higher secondary studies.
- provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
- have submitted an application for admission to Western Sydney University.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 5.0 each session throughout their study in the course.
You are not eligible if
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- you are deferring your offer from spring session 2015 to another intake.
Application and Selection Process
Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University, chaired by the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) or a delegated representative. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel's review of their personal statement.
Application Closing Dates
For Autumn 2016 commencement: Tuesday 15 December 2015
For Spring 2016 commencement: Sunday 29 May 2016
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: