Am I Eligible?
- These scholarships will be awarded to students of any nationality who hold one of the following statuses as granted by the UK government:
Full ‘refugee status’
- Postgraduate taught applicants should be looking to study a full time postgraduate course at the University for the academic year starting October 2017.
- Postgraduate research applicants should be looking to study full time at the University from October 2017, with the flexibility to negotiate an earlier start date with their department should they be successful.
How will my application be assessed?
These scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and a supporting statement which will be provided by the prospective department.
How do I apply for a Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarship?
- Eligible applicants should complete an online application form for the Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarships by no later than 16th March 2017.
- Applicants must also have applied for admission to the University by 16th March 2017 in order to be considered.
Please note: you are required to supply evidence with your application form. The application form includes guidance on how to do this and the documentation required.
In order to be considered for funding in 2017/18 both the Warwick Sanctuary Scholarships application AND an admission application to the University must be submitted by 16th March 2017, we will be unable to consider any applications from those who have not completed both steps.
How do I apply for a Warwick Research Sanctuary Scholarship?
- Applicants must apply for admission and a scholarship to the University by 18th January 2017 in order to be considered for a Warwick Research Sanctuary Scholarship. Eligible applicants should apply by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. As part of the application you will be asked if you would like to be considered for a 'Postgraduate Research Scholarship' as part of your application to the University, please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- In addition, applicants should also complete the short online application form for the Warwick Sanctuary Scholarships by no later than 18th January 2017. You will be required to supply evidence as part of this application that proves eligibility for this funding. The application form includes guidance on how to do this and the documentation required.
In order to be considered for funding in 2017/18 both steps 1 and 2 listed above must be completed by 18th January 2017. If you have any quesitons about the process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware we will be unable to accept any late applications, all applications for a Warwick Research Sanctuary Scholarship must be submitted by 18th January 2017 at the latest.
I am unable to pay the admissions application assessment fee which is required to submit an admissions application, what should I do?
Eligible applicants for the refugee scholarship scheme are able to request to waive the application assessment fee which is charged when submitting an admissions application.
When will I be notified of the outcome of my application?
Outcomes of eligible scholarship applications for the Warwick Research Sanctuary Scholarship will be announced in March 2017, and outcomes for the Warwick Postgraduate Taught Sanctuary Scholarships will be announced late April 2017.