About the fellowship
The Sainsbury Research Unit offers two Visiting Research Fellowships in each academic year for the study of the arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas. Normal duration is three months, coinciding with Autumn and Spring terms. Applications are welcomed from scholars of appropriate standing in such fields of the Humanities and Social Sciences as Anthropology, Art History, Archaeology, History and related disciplines.
The deadline for applications for Autumn 2017 and Spring 2018 is 25th November 2016.
Holders of a doctorate (or appropriate final degree) who are undertaking research for publication on the arts of Africa, Oceania and the Americas. In exceptional cases, advanced doctoral candidates may be considered.
Two copies of the following items (1-4) should be sent by Friday 25 November 2016 to: The Admissions Secretary, Sainsbury Research Unit, Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom.
- Proposal: Description of the publication project or projects (1,000 words maximum), indicating progress to date and schedule for completion.
- Period: Please indicate the period for which the fellowship is requested (Autumn, Spring or no preference).
- Personal and Professional Data: Curriculum vitae, including:
- address and telephone number, email address and fax number;
- place and date of birth and citizenship;
- education and academic degrees with dates conferred, awards and honours;
- work experience;
- publications and field research;
- level of proficiency in requisite languages;
- names and addresses of two referees.
- References: Two letters of recommendation must support the application. These should be requested by the applicant and be sent directly to the Sainsbury Research Unit by the referees.
Applications will be reviewed by an external selection committee of scholars in appropriate fields. Awards should be announced by 1 February each year and must be accepted by 1 March.
Further information on the Sainsbury Research Unit, Art History and World Art Studies and the University of East Anglia is available from the Admissions Secretary: email firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Sainsbury Research Unit, Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK, or by telephone (01603) 592498, or fax (01603) 259401.
For more information click "Further official information" below.