Kick-start Your Career in the Netherlands - Life Sciences and Health
As an international student (master or PhD), finding a job that fits your ambitions and interests in the Netherlands can be challenging. Can you find your way in the Dutch job market in the field of life sciences and health? What are the job opportunities and trends in the Dutch job market in this field? Which regulatory issues do you face when searching for a job in The Netherlands as an international? How do you prepare for a new working culture? This course helps you to prepare for the start of your career in the Netherlands!
In the course you will gain insights into the Dutch job market in life sciences and health, the rules and regulations that might apply to your situation, understand the Dutch working culture and acknowledge cultural differences. Furthermore, you will improve your personal branding skills, interview skills and networking capabilities and get insight in the career opportunities and career paths in life sciences. The program consists of two plenary workshops about your ambition and profile and about your pitch and presentation skills and two individual coaching sessions by coaches of Talent4NL that will be tailored to your ambitions and needs. The sessions will be scheduled on an individual basis during the week of 22-26 July.There is no final examination. Students will receive a certifcate of attendance upon completion of the programme.
Maggy Ovaa and Roos Nieuwenhuis
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Identify the opportunities for international graduates on the Dutch job market in terms of:
• Types of organizations
• Employment versus Entrepreneurship
• Know which rules and regulations you have to comply with in order to work in the Netherlands
• Acknowledge the differences between Dutch working culture and the working culture in your country of origin
• Pitch your professional ambitions in various situations and using various tools
• Present yourself during a job interview
• Optimized CV and motivation letter for vacancies in the Netherlands
• Activated professional (life sciences) network in the Netherlands
• Increased success on the Dutch job market
3 hours for sessions
5 hours for workshops
8 hours for preparation
Housing through Utrecht Summer School
- Early bird discount: if you apply for this course before March 1st 2019 you will receive 10 % discount on the course fee
- Students who take this course in combination with another USS course are eligible for a 10% discount (also in combination with the early bird discount.)
- Course materials are included in the course fee and will be provided on the first day.
Please include your resume and a motivation letter why you want to follow this course and where you are in your career orientation with your application
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: