University of York – China Scholarships Council Joint Research Scholarships
We're pleased to offer up to 10 joint-funded PhD scholarships in collaboration with the China Scholarships Council (CSC).
The scholarships are open to Chinese nationals intending to begin a PhD in the 2016/17 academic year. It will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and York and CSC priorities.
Priority subject areas
The initiative will prioritise PhD study in the following departments:
- Theatre, Film and Television
Applicants to other research areas will be considered depending on availability.
Amount and duration
Each scholarship covers:
- 100% of tuition fees for the full duration of the CSC funding period
- A grant for living costs
- One return flight from China
- UK visa fees
- You must be a citizen and permanent resident of the People's Republic of China at the time of application.
- You must hold an unconditional offer for a full-time MPhil/PhD degree programme at the University of York. You must therefore fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University, including the relevant level of English language proficiency, by 31 January 2016.
- You must not be working outside China at the time of application. Successful candidates must agree to return to China upon completion of their studies.
- Candidates currently studying outside China are eligible to apply, but not those who have already commenced a PhD programme of study prior to the 2016/17 academic year.
- You must satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC, which can be found on the CSC website.
Apply to CSC
Scholarship application deadline: 5 April 2016
CSC application forms will be available between 20 March 2016 and 5 April 2016.
Apply to CSC
We will notify you of the outcome of your application by 31 May 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: