Dr. Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship
The Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships celebrate his commitment to education and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
Dr Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. A distinguished scientist and aeronautical engineer by training, the Dr Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarships celebrate his commitment to education and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
- Applicants will be assessed on their academic merit.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application and include their official tertiary transcripts/results by the scholarship closing date
- The scholarship shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Education), or their nominee.
- The recipient must also maintain satisfactory academic performance deemed to be a credit average (65%) or above each semester and they must also remain enrolled as a full-time international student and must maintain their international student status for the full duration of their scholarship.
- Payment will be made after the census date.
- The scholarship is tenable for a period of one year and payments shall be made in equal instalments after the census date of each semester, or processed as a fee-waiver.
- The recipient will be required to pay for all relocation expenses to Sydney including airfares, overseas health cover and purchase of study materials and text books.
Scholarship value and duration
50% of tuition fees for a maximum of one year
- Open to international students who have a full/unconditional offer of admission for a full-time Masters by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the University of Sydney by the scholarship application deadline
- Open to applicants who have achieved a distinction average (75%) or above in their undergraduate studies, and
- Applicants who do not currently hold another primary scholarship from the University of Sydney
- Student who have already commenced their postgraduate studies in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies, or transferring from another postgraduate program are not eligible
- Deferment of the scholarship is not permitted.
For more information
Student Administration Services
T 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
T +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: