University of Queensland Business School Women MBA Students Scholarship
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24 months timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer.
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
(c) fulfils the obligations* of an MBA student; and
(d) remains an MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
How to apply
Applicants must meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
^Applications for admission to the MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the MBA program are located on the Courses and Programs website.
Scholarship applications closing dates are
- Semester one – 31 October of the previous year
- Semester two – 30 April of the year of commencement.
Submit your application with a covering letter addressed to the MBA Director to:
Coordinator, MBA Student Liaison Officers
UQ Business School
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
MBA Student Liaison Officer UQ Business School