GRANTS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS WHO HOLD A MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN SUBJECTS PERTAINING TO THE SCIENTIFIC FIELDS OF AGRICULTURE, ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICAL, PHYSICAL AND NATURAL SCIENCES. YEAR 2017
The Fondazione "Ing. Aldo Gini", based at the University of Padova, in pursuance of its institutional aims, calls for applications for grants for a total amount of Euro 30,000.00 according to the following procedures. The grants are assigned to support, for a period of not more than one year, those who plan to pursue a period of study and/or specialization at Departments of the University of Padova in the scientific fields of Agriculture, Engineering or Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences for a period of at least six months.
Foreign nationals who may apply for the grants must be less than 35 years old at the closing date for the call and hold a Master of Science degree from a foreign University in subjects pertaining to the scientific fields of Agriculture, Engineering or Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences. Moreover, the candidates can not enjoy any PhD scholarship from the University of Padova during the period they will be supported by Fondazione Gini. In the selection, preference will be given to individuals from Universities that are members of the Coimbra Group network, i.e. those Universities which, at the closing date for the call, have existing academic agreements with the University of Padova. The amount of each grant will be decided by the Board of Directors, on the proposal of the Scientific Committee, taking into account the costs that the successful candidate must sustain (accommodation and food, enrolment in undergraduate or post-graduate courses, etc.) and any contributions provided by other organizations for the same purpose. The amount of each grant will not be more than Euro 11,000.00 gross, including travel costs.
The amount of the grant is divided in 3 instalments. The final instalment, equal to 10% of the total amount of the grant, will be paid only after the presentation of a written evaluation by the supervising Professor at the University of Padova and a report of the activities carried out, which must be accompanied by a declaration of attendance by the hosting Department. In the case of a negative evaluation, absence of an evaluation, absence of a report or absence of a declaration of attendance, the Board of Directors, having consulted the Scientific Committee, reserve the right to decide upon the total or partial revocation of the grant. If the research conducted results in one or more publications, these must specify that the research was made possible by a grant from the Fondazione Ing. Aldo Gini.
The fellowship must be started not later than October 31, 2018. Within that date the successful candidates from non-EU countries shall have completed the paperwork for the residence permit.
Original signed applications must be sent, by registered post or preferably by express courier, to the Fondazione "Ing. Aldo Gini" – via Portello, 15 – 35129 Padova, no later than September 15, 2017, enclosing:
1. Curriculum vitae in European format;
2. Notification of any contributions obtained for study and/or research activities from which the candidate might benefit during the period of the grant;
3. Copy of Master of Science certificate with indication of the exams taken and relative marks;
4. Detailed programme of the studies or research to be carried out, indicating the period, Department and any presumed fees for enrolment in or attending courses;
5. Declaration of acceptance and interest by the supervisor countersigned by the Director of the hosting Department; such a declaration will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of Fondazione Gini in the assignment of the grant;
6. Declaration by the candidate of not enjoying any PhD scholarship from the University of Padova during the period he/she will be supported by Fondazione Gini;
7. Declaration of adequate knowledge of the English language;
8. Any other useful credentials;
9. Authorization for the management of personal data, in compliance with D.Lgs. 196/2003.
The grant is not renewable.
Incomplete applications will be automatically excluded.
Untruthful declarations on elements that are determinant for the awarding of the grant will lead to the non-assignment or revocation of the grant.
Untruthful declarations may in any event entail penal and civil liability.
The grants will be assigned by the end of November 2017.
The decisions of the Fondazione are final.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: