Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Mantle Geodynamics
A postdoctoral research fellowship (position code 1352) is available at Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, a Norwegian Centre of Excellence. The fellowship period for is 2 years with the possibility of an extension to a third year depending on research progress and funding availability. Note that no one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution. The starting date for this position is spring or summer of 2017.
Mantle Geodynamics Project Description: This project is to constrain the role of viscosity anisotropy for the dynamics of plate tectonics and mantle convection. The asthenosphere accommodates shear between the upper mantle and the tectonic plates, and is composed of anisotropic olivine fabrics that deform more easily in some directions than others. This postdoc will be responsible for developing methods to incorporate viscosity anisotropy into numerical models of mantle dynamics, and for testing these models against available seismological and geophysical datasets.
Position code 1352, Pay Grade NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Statement of research experience and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and university transcripts
- A complete list of publications
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
To APPLY click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.