PhD Fellowship in Developmental Psychology
Applications are invited for a 3-4 year position as PhD fellow in Developmental psychology, at the Section of Health, Developmental and Personality Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo. The successful candidate will provide a research proposal within the field of developmental psychology. The proposed project should fit with current or upcoming research at the section. Examples of current research topics include emotional development, mental health, parenting, testing, prevention and health promotion, prenatal risk and genetics, language learning, social cognition and executive functions.
The PhD fellow will collaborate with her/his supervisor and other colleagues at the section. The position will offer opportunities to develop high-quality research competence, to work with leading experts in the field, and develop international collaborations.
More about the position
The fellowship is for a period of three years. A 4th year can be considered with the addition of 25 % teaching requirement, depending on the competence of the applicant and the needs of the department.
The research fellow must take part in the Department’s approved PhD program and is expected to complete the project within the set fellowship period. The main purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The applicant must, in collaboration with her/his supervisor, within three months after employment, have worked out a complete project description to be attached to the application for admission to the doctoral program.
he section of Health, Developmental and Personality Psychology has around 25 full time employees, including professors, associate professors, postdoc and PhD fellows. Several large scale studies are conducted within various fields. Interested candidates should contact the Head of section and specific researchers to explore specific projects and possibilities.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (120 ECTS) or equivalent in psychology (Professional program or Master’s program in psychology), or related fields. Normally, minimum grade B (ECTS grading scale) or equivalent. The Master’s degree must include a thesis of at least 30 ECTS
- Strong methodological skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Interest and experience in research within topics relevant for Developmental psychology.
- Enthusiasm for participating in building up research groups and collaborations.
- Ambitions for high-quality research, as evidenced by the required letter of application, explaining the motivation for applying and how own qualifications are suitable for the announced position.
- Personal suitability, motivation and willingness to collaborate with academics from diverse backgrounds.
- Teaching experience is an advantage
- Analytic abilities, creative thinking, high motivation
- Structured work ability and flexibility
- Ability to work in collaborative groups and independently
- Salary NOK 449 400– 505 800 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow
- The possibility to attend international conferences, courses and workshops
- A unique and flourishing research environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.