Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Algebraic Geometry
Position as Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available in Algebraic Geometry to be based at the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Oslo.
The candidate is expected to have research interests related to the theme of the project "Algebraic and topological cycles in complex and tropical geometry''. The main focus areas of this research group are applications of tropical geometry to complex, discrete, and real geometries.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in algebraic geometry. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Candidates must demonstrate a research track record in the fields of complex, tropical, or real algebraic geometry.
- The successful candidate should be highly motivated. They should have the capability to work independently and with members of the research group "Algebraic and topological cycles in complex and tropical geometry'' and the group in algebraic geometry.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Salary NOK 515 200 – 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.