Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship
Center for Entrepreneurship, at the University of Oslo, has a vacant position as associate professor (position code 1011) with focus on practical entrepreneurship. The center is organized under the Department of Informatics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and delivers research and education in technology-based innovation and entrepreneurship. The center currently has two academic faculty members, four PhD research fellows, twelve practice-based adjunct scholars, and an administration of four. The Centre offers the programmes Gründerskolen (entrepreneur school with internships and courses abroad) and Social Entrepreneurship, as well as a master programme and courses for Bachelor's degrees.
Requirements and qualifications
The successful applicant will participate in research, supervision, teaching, examination work and take part in administrative tasks. The position requires a Norwegian doctoral degree or its equivalent, and expertise at the associate professor level including extensive knowledge of innovation processes and entrepreneurship. Relevant work experience outside academia, as board work, and experience in the development of new companies, will be considered in the assessment of applicants. The position also requires appropriate knowledge of the extended Norwegian business eco-system, and it is an advantage to master a Scandinavian language.
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- List of publications and academic merits
- Up to ten selected scientific publications the applicant wishes to include in the evaluation
- A sketch of tentative future research and development projects, and a description of how those projects would contribute to the center's educational and practice profile.
- Documentation of teaching and supervising of Bachelor, Master and PhD students
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to applicant, e-mail and telephone number)
As a part of the employment process the department will invite short-listed candidates for an interview and/or a trial lecture.
NOK 617 800 - 720 000 per year, (Pay Grade 70 -77) depending on qualifications.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming at securing rights to research results.
The University wants to recruit more women and more individuals with immigrant background into academic position. Women and individuals with immigrant background are thus encouraged to apply.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: