University of Nottingham Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Research Excellence
Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for Research Excellence aim to recognise and reward applications from outstanding international students. In 2016, we are offering international students over 50 full tuition fee scholarships.
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
already hold an offer to start a full-time research degree programme, PhD or MPhil, at Nottingham in September or October 2016, any subject area*.
We welcome applications from suitable candidates but would particularly value applications from strong candidates wishing to work within the research priority areas of each faculty. Please check with individual faculties regarding their areas of research.
Research in the Arts
The academic community at The University of Nottingham continues to produce world-changing research by focusing on the problems and challenges that affect societies and people on a wide scale. Achieving this involves:
- developing ideas and creating discoveries
- exchanging knowledge which generates real economic, social, environmental and cultural impact
The Faculty of Arts contribute to the University’s vision, aims and objectives in a number of ways, and through a wide variety of research projects.
Apply for a course
You must receive an offer of study before applying for our international student scholarships. If you have not yet applied for a research degree course, we recommend submitting your application 4 to 6 weeks before the scholarship application deadlines to allow time for the application process.
Application for admission to study at Nottingham must be received at least six weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for our Admissions office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the scholarship. Any application for admission to study submitted later than six weeks before the scholarship closing date is not guaranteed to be processed in time.
Applicants for International Office scholarships must first have applied for and obtained an offer of study at Nottingham for September or October 2016. Information on how to apply to study at The University of Nottingham is available here.
Applications may be submitted up until the closing date for each scholarship – applications close at 12 mid-day (UK time) on the dates shown.
Guidance on completing your online application
It is important that you plan your application and complete the online scholarship form correctly before you submit it.We are not able to change your online application once you have submitted it.
- Think about the questions and how you will answer them before you submit your application; you can preview the questions you will be asked here.
- Type out your answers separately before you enter the form, think about them over a few days and then copy them into the application form.
- If you are having trouble logging into our scholarship application form, or have logged into the form and are having trouble submitting it, please see our Guidance Notes.
- You may also find our Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions helpful.
- If you have a query regarding our scholarship application form please email the scholarship team as soon as possible, to allow us sufficient time to assist you before the scholarship closing date.