New Colombo Plan Grant
Funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), the New Colombo Plan mobility program provides funding to Australian undergraduate students studying in the Indo-Pacific region. Students can receive grants, ranging from $1000 to $7000, to participate in semester based or short term study, internships, practicums, volunteering programs and research. These grants are available for selected overseas study programs, including semester exchange programs and short-term programs during winter and summer breaks.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen and do not hold dual citizenship or residency rights of the host location of the mobility program
- be enrolled in an undergraduate University of Melbourne course
- be between 18 and 28* years of age at the commencement of the mobility program (*Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students do not need to be aged between 18 and 28.)
- have not commenced a period of overseas study in the same host location as the mobility program
- have not received a Melbourne Mobility Award for the same overseas program
- have not received an Endeavour Student Exchange Grant, or the Lin Martin Scholarship
- New Colombo Plan:
- have not received a Student Grant under more than one Semester Grant
- have not received a Student Grant under more than one Short-term Grant
- have not received a Student Grant under both a Semester Grant and a Short-term Grant for the same Mobility Project or for the same period of travel outside of Australia.
- be approved to participate in a University of Melbourne Overseas Program supported by New Colombo Plan funding.
Short-term programs: Eligible students will apply for available NCP grants as part of their University of Melbourne application to the relevant short-term program.
Semester-long exchange programs: Eligible students will apply for available NCP grants as part of their University of Melbourne application to the relevant Semester-exchange program. Only students who preference an eligible NCP host institution will submit an application.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.