Welcome to the 2019 - 2021 Fellowship Call for Applications
The DeVos Institute of Arts Management provides training, consultation, and implementation support for arts managers and their boards.
Institute leadership and consultants—all arts managers themselves—understand that, in today’s environment, there is no time or resource to waste. Therefore, Institute services are lean, direct, and practical.
The DeVos Institute has designed its services to assist a wide range of institutions, from traditional performing and presenting organizations, museums and galleries, arts schools and libraries, to botanical gardens, glass-making studios, public art trusts, and non-profit cinemas, to name a few. It offers support to individuals, organizations, and—in collaboration with foundations and governments—to communities of organizations throughout the world.
- Currently serve as the executive director (or equivalent) or the head of a major department within an arts or cultural organization in a paid, permanent capacity. The applicant’s organization must have at least one full-time staff member, five years of consistent programming history, and an operating budget of at least the equivalent of $250,000 USD/ €225,000 EUR.
- Excellent business English, orally and written.
- Able to commit to the full term of the Fellowship (Washington D.C. residency dates are July 1 – 26, 2019; June 29 – July 24, 2020; and June 28 – July 23, 2021. Fellows receive mentoring and participate in virtual activities in between residencies).
About the Application Process
- Phase One: Letter of Intent
Interested candidates are asked to submit a brief Letter of Intent using the online form no later than December 1, 2018.
- Phase Two: Invitation for Full Application
Letters of Intent will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to submit a full application no later than January 25, 2019.
- Phase Three: Interviews
Full applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to interview with Institute leadership via video conference between January and April 2019.