China Scholarship Council Joint Awards for 2017
For successful applicants, The University of Manchester will cover their full tuition fees for the period of the relevant programme as outlined in the offer letter (usually three years). CSC will provide living allowances as prescribed by the Chinese Government, and will cover the round-trip international airfare for students from China to the United Kingdom, visa and passport application fees.
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application; overseas Chinese students may be eligible for application subject to CSC policy at the time; (CSC publicises the policy in October or November every year).
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research.
- Candidates must hold an unconditional offer from The University of Manchester. They must fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by the School of Law at The University of Manchester, including a high level of English language proficiency.
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC.
Application and selection process
- Candidates should submit an online application for admission to The University of Manchester before 30 January 2017. Candidates should specify in their application that they wish to apply for The University of Manchester/CSC joint scholarship scheme. All supporting documents (degree certificates, transcripts, research proposal, references and evidence of English language proficiency (if required) must also be provided with the application. Other additional documents may be required by the School including CV and personal statement which will be advised by the admission officer in the School.
- The University of Manchester will evaluate the candidates, upon receiving applications and rank them in priority order. The University of Manchester will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the offer letter.
- After receiving the offer letter from The University of Manchester, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application online by 5 April 2017.
- CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities and provide The University of Manchester with a final list of scholarship recipients and inform the successful candidates.
The successful applicants will be responsible for arranging their Visa’s in to the Country and The University of Manchester will not be responsible or liable in any way for any successful applicant’s failure to obtain a visa or other requisite paperwork for entry.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: