University of Leicester International Postgraduate Research Excellence Scholarship
The College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities is pleased to offer eight International Excellence Scholarships to the value of £15,000* for September 2016 entry, to its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes.
The College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities contains some of the leading research departments in the UK.
The deadline for applications is 1st July 2016.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Awards will be granted to the strongest applicants based on an assessment of your:
- research proposal
- academic record and
- supporting references
- You must be an international (non-EU) fee paying applicant.
- You must be able to commence studies in September 2016 as a full-time student.
- You must have obtained a first class or upper second class undergraduate degree or an equivalent overseas qualification in a relevant subject.
- You must have obtained a Masters’ degree in a relevant subject.
- You must possess the required English language qualification.
or show evidence of achieving this by September 2016.
- Explore the University of Leicester’s research areas and ensure supervision is offered in your area of study.
- Draft a research proposal that explains:
a.) what you want to research,
b.) how you intend to execute it and
c.) why it is worth exploring.
- Prepare your supporting documents:
a.) Supply copies of all relevant certificates/diplomas and transcripts (You must provide official copies of your transcripts including explanations of the mark schemes used and where possible, an indication of your ranking in class). Supporting documents that are not in English must be provided with a certified English translation.
b.) You must also provide contact details for two academic referees who can comment on your suitability for the research degree programme.
- Submit your application online - In the Funding Section of the application please can you select Studentship in the Dropdown Menu. In the next dropdown select 'Other' and add PGR Excellence Scholarship 2016 in the ‘please specify’ section. If you have any other sources of funding please add these as prompted
If you have already submitted your PhD application for 2016 entry, meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this Scholarship please email email@example.com with your request before the 1 July 2016 deadline. Please include your name, application ID number and the PhD programme you have applied for.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to Professor Martin Halliwell:
T: +44 (0)116 252 2645
Terms and Conditions
- The College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities must be able to supply supervision in your chosen area of study.
- Scholarships are only available to new postgraduate research applicants studying on campus.
- Scholarships are only available to self-funded students.
- Scholarships cannot be combined with any other scholarship or discount.
- £15,000 payable as a fee discount over a 3 year period.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications that do not include a full research proposal and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be notified of their eligibility.
- In the Funding Section of the application please can you select Studentship in the Dropdown Menu. In the next dropdown select Other and add PGR Excellence Scholarship 2016 in the ‘please specify’ section..
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: